No Gas Station/Car Wash at Canyon Creek Plaza
Final Community Outreach Meeting on
Monday 12/9 @ 7pm
Please make every attempt to attend as we expect staff from the planning commission to be present. Please attend even if you have been to the previous meetings. This meeting is our best chance to avoid the gas station/car wash as Canyon Creek.
When: 7:00 pm on Monday the 9th of December 2013
Where: City of San Jose’s Evergreen Community Center at
4860 San Felipe Road, San Jose, CA 95135
Please let us know if you need assistance in getting to the meeting by writing to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are a few of the reasons why the community is opposed to the proposed location.
- There is a creek running behind the proposed site and there is a strong possibility of runoff from the proposed gas station and car wash could pollute the creek and our ground water.
- Many of us have been drawn to the Silver Creek area and paid a premium primarily for the peace and tranquility of this area. Having a gas station in the middle of this area would result in higher levels of noise and pollution and make this a less desirable area for current and future residents.
- Having a gas station would increase the traffic in this area causing congestion especially during school hours as there are two elementary schools located very close to the proposed site.
- There are several species of birds and animals that make their home in the green area directly behind the proposed site. The proposed site would likely adversely impact their current habitat.
- The new convenience store will start selling liquor and cigarettes . These are not currently sold by the New Leaf supermarket.
- Given these and several other factors we, the residents of the Silver Creek Valley communities, strongly oppose the idea of a gas station and/or a car wash in the proposed Canyon Creek Plaza site.
We are now over 1,359 strong and growing.....
If you have not already done so, please sign our petition at Http://chn.ge/GC6LSA